Inclusive, Transparent, and Focused on the FutureOver the course of the 2023-24 Academic Year, the UO Onward team will engage internal and external constituents in an inclusive and transparent process to help shape UO institutional priorities, goals, and strategies.
Through a series of input sessions, UO leadership will share a set of institutional priorities and working goals.
During the hour-long sessions, participants reflect on the priorities and goals, then brainstorm and contribute ideas for strategies, tactics, action items, performance indicators, or other ways to achieve the working goals.
In place of, or in addition to the live sessions, participants can contribute their responses through online surveys.
- The Onward team will compile and analyze work from the sessions and produce the draft plan. Broad community input is essential to inform the strategic plan. As more community members participate, the more informed and encompassing the plan will be.
- The Onward team will review the draft plan, seek final comment and input, revise working goals, and present a final draft to the president and Board of Trustees for approval.
- The plan becomes a living document and roadmap for action. Teams and individuals are assigned work toward achieving goals.
Goals for the Strategic Engagement Process
- Introduce priorities and working goals to a broad set of internal and external constituents.
- Engage internal and external constituents in an inclusive and transparent process to help shape UO institutional priorities, goals, and strategies.
- Develop a set of institutional priorities and goals with broad constituent input.
- Crowdsource strategies, tactics, key performance indicators and other ideas to inform a strategic plan.
- Foster campus-wide buy-in and ownership of the university's strategic priorities.